A vacancy has arisen for a Science Technician to support Alan Cross (PGCE Tutor) open to current PGRs studying at The University of Manchester (UK). Expressions of interest should be direct to Alan in the first instance alan.cross [ at ] manchester.ac.uk
Job Title : Science Technician
Reports To : Alan Cross, PGCE Primary Science Tutor
Organisation Unit : School of Environment, Education and Development
Date : 1 September 2013
Rate of Pay: £10.47 per hour
Overall Purpose of the Job : This role will support the PGCE Science and Design Technology courses where students are prepared to teach primary science and design and technology.
Key Responsibilities, Accountabilities or Duties :
- To work around 6-8 hours over 12 weeks of the academic year with the potential for further hours in addition to be agreed at specific points in the year.
- This is a non technical role which will consist of setting up teaching rooms in accordance with instructions from the Science Tutor.
- To undertake such other duties as may be required by the Science Tutor
Essential Knowledge, Skills and Experience :
- Excellent communication and Organisational Skills
- Ability to solve problems and use initiative.