The writing clinic is a live, online, cross-faculty resource for all postgraduate students at the University of Manchester. It is a drop-in facility which allows you to ask any questions you might have regarding academic writing.
The clinics will usually take place between 2.00 – 3.00pm on Wednesdays.
To enter the online clinic, follow these steps:
1. Enter the following into a web browser:
2. At the top right of the screen click ‘Join Meeting’
3. Enter the meeting number: 21477559
4. Select ‘Join Meeting’.
5. Enter your name and Faculty e.g. Frank FEPS .
6. Select ‘Join as attendee’.
7. Select ‘Download’.
8. Select ‘Run’.
9. In the ‘Join the Audio Conference’ box (bottom left), click the blue ‘Connect’ button.
10. On the left of your screen you will see the Chat facility. Enter your question into the chat box and click ‘Send’ (or speak if you have a microphone).
Please note: you will need headphones to listen to the clinic. If you have a microphone you will be able to speak to the tutor. If not, you will communicate by a chat facility.
Please be aware of the following:
• This is a University-wide resource and so the guidance and feedback given will be generic and not subject/School specific. If you have any subject specific questions (e.g. regarding formatting of your thesis), you should speak to your supervisor/academic advisor or to some other relevant person within your subject field.
• This is not an online proofreading service.
If you have any questions regarding the online clinic, please email: