A reminder to all academics, research staff (postdocs, research fellows, associates and assistants) and PGR students that University funding is available to pay for article processing charges (APCs) to create Gold Open access for your article or conference proceeding.
Gold Open Access is where the
* publisher makes the published work freely available via their website,
* version of work made available is the publisher’s post peer-review final version,
* online version is made immediately available following acceptance for publication.
These charges will be paid for all journal articles, the research for which has been supported by RCUK/Wellcome funding. To date, there is still plenty of money available to support this so do submit your request.
Please note that this support for APC charges is also available when the corresponding author (including PGR, Post Docs, Research Fellows or Assistants) is no longer employed or registered as a student at the University providing:
* the relevant APC relates to a publication that is based on RCUK funding awarded to the University of Manchester and the publication identifies the University of Manchester as the institutional address
* the funding supported the corresponding author whilst employed (or registered as a student) at the University of Manchester
* the other eligibility criteria for funding are satisfied.
The dedicated Library Open Access website clearly and simply explains the meaning and types of Gold and Green Open Access, how to check if your paper is eligible for Gold Open Access, and provides simple instructions for obtaining funding for APCs. Please see the website at the following link:
The Library do most of the work for you and with a quick turnaround too, for both Gold and Green Open Access options. Please use this service.
For further information or guidance relating to Open Access please contact:
Scholarly Communication Service
The University of Manchester Library